Interpretation of Rossetti Painting



This painting is an interpretation of a piece by the Pre Raphaelite British painter Dante Gabriel Rossetti that I started in a class I was teaching last semester. I switched up the flower and changed the angle of the gaze. The first picture is from the earlier class, I worked on it more yesterday to work on getting the skin to have more volume and get more of a value range. A tricky quality of acrylics is that they dry darker, so getting the right value range on the skin was a challenge. The next time I work on the piece I'll have to adjust the nose which feels off.

Last month I broke the lens on my camera and had to buy a new one which made it hard for me to keep up with the blog. Now that I've bought a new one I'll be able to get back into posting work.

Comments

Popular Posts