Bear Journey Comic


















I was looking through files on my computer to clear up space and found an experimental short comic I drew about 6 years ago. I remember that I had been reading some comics with no text like Jim Woodring's Frank book, not having text gave an odd ambiguity to the meaning of the comics and I thought it would be an interesting project to try out.

I didn't plan out the panels or do any under drawing when I was working on the drawings so I had to figure out the panels one after another. The last two images are of a Japanese brush painting and Mayan jar that I was using as inspiration for the line work and characters. Looking at the drawing again after a couple of years I might try to create something comic based again but with more planning out of a plot and probably with text.

Comments

Popular Posts