09 Update

I spent the last few months up to about December finishing a series of 15 11x14 drawings based around the CERN particle accelerator. 7 of the drawings in the Boston Drawing Project at Carol and Sons gallery in the South End. They are also on the website, www.justin-life.com which I have updated.

I am now working in the studio on scaled up drawings dealing with similar imagery to the CERN series. The drawings are 22x28 and I want a similar density to the smaller drawing so I've been spending a lot of time at the studio to get them to the level where I'm happy with them. I was taking a look at the older drawings on the blog and I'll be getting back into doing more sketching for source imagery as it can become redundant to be pulling the imagery consistantly out of my head. My goal for this new series is 8-10 drawings which I will then be submitting to different venues like the drawing center.

I'll be looking to get a scanner or will use the one at the SMFA so hopefully I'll be putting more sketches up.

Comments

Popular Posts